In our work with our students, we focus on having an impact on three domains:
• Increased grades and/or scores
• Engagement and motivation in school
• Schoolwork completion and understanding
• Confidence and Pride
• Self-efficacy and Independence
• Advocacy and Leadership
Soft Skills Gains
• Executive Functions
• Interpersonal Skills
- We recruit and background check experienced tutors.
- The tutors participate in an onboarding meeting, a “Teaching Metacognition, Executive Functions, and Interpersonal Skills” roundtable, and a “Culturally Responsive and Trauma-Informed Teaching” course.
- Low-income students of color in grades 6-12 are nominated by anyone (family member, teacher, coach, neighbor, etc.) – they can even nominate themselves!
- Accepted students complete grade-level appropriate tests to asses their levels of mastery in Math and ELA. They also complete a survey to determine their present capacity for soft skills. Their parents/guardians complete a survey to detail their child’s current progress.
- Each accepted student is paired with one tutor for the upcoming term (Fall Term is October – January, Spring Term is February – May, and Summer Term is June – September).
- The tutors schedule each student for 18 hours of online tutoring over the 4-month term.
- Throughout the course of the program, the tutors will regularly provide feedback to the parents/guardians regarding the students’ progress.
- Upon completion of the program, the students and their parents/guardians complete exit assessments and surveys.
Who We Serve
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is committed to equitable access to high-quality instruction for youth. We are dedicated to moving beyond race and economic status to close achievement gaps.
Our program supports grade 6 – 12 students from families that identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and who are experiencing significant economic hardship. Students can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else (i.e. family member, teacher, coach, etc.)
To Be Accepted Students Must:
Providing a student with a full term of tutoring costs approximately $1,000. These funds are used to cover the cost of operations, tutoring materials, and the tutor’s pay. Our tutors are paid at competitive professional hourly rates.
100% of our project and operating budget comes from generous donors like you!
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is using specific proven-effective methodologies developed by the Founder of WorldWise Tutoring. These are the projected accomplishments with Educate. Radiate. Elevate. as well.
In which of the following areas did your child(ren) improve as a result of tutoring?
Middle School Students had:
High School Students had:
Successes So Far!
Experienced decreases in:
Experienced improvements in:
NOTE: This data is according to results of standards-aligned assessments by IXL: this data is according to results of self-reporting assessments by Pearson.