Learn more about how tutoring is an effective means of intervention for at-risk students by visiting our Research page
Create a ripple effect to last for generations.
In our work with our students, we focus on having an impact on three domains:
• Increased grades and/or scores
• Engagement and motivation in school
• Schoolwork completion and understanding
• Confidence and Pride
• Self-efficacy and Independence
• Advocacy and Leadership
Soft Skills Gains
• Executive Functions
• Interpersonal Skills
- We recruit and background check experienced tutors.
- The tutors participate in an onboarding meeting, a “Teaching Metacognition, Executive Functions, and Interpersonal Skills” roundtable, and a “Culturally Responsive and Trauma-Informed Teaching” course.
- Low-income students of color in grades 6-12 are nominated by anyone (family member, teacher, coach, neighbor, etc.) – they can even nominate themselves!
- Accepted students complete grade-level appropriate tests to asses their levels of mastery in Math and ELAR. They also complete a survey to determine their present capacity for soft skills. Their parents/guardians complete a survey to detail their child’s current levels.
- Each accepted student is paired with one tutor for the upcoming term (Fall Term is October – January, Spring Term is February – May, and Summer Term is June – September).
- The tutors schedule each student for 18 hours of online tutoring over the 4-month term. Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is using specific proven-effective methodologies developed by the Founder of WorldWise Tutoring.
- Throughout the course of the program, the tutors will regularly provide feedback to the parents/guardians regarding the students’ progress.
- Upon completion of the program, the students and their parents/guardians complete exit assessments and surveys. Students with good attendance are invited to continue tutoring for subsequent terms until they graduate high school.
At the beginning of each term (the 2nd Thursday of February, June, and October), E.R.E.’s Founder leads a 1-hour online Informational Session for parents and students about E.R.E’s program, expectations, and requirements. Parents and students are welcome to ask questions!
Each 3rd Thursday of the month from 6:30-7:30pm, E.R.E. holds its exclusive online Lifelong Learning Workshop. Experts share tips and resources, lead discussions, and answer questions about topics related to mental health, parenting, financial literacy, and college & career readiness. This is FREE and just for E.R.E. families!
Parents and students are invited to join E.R.E.’s Advisory Committee to help ensure our program meets their needs. The Advisory Committee meets online for 1 hour every other month. Learn more on our Join page.
E.R.E. provides additional resources through our partnerships with other providers. Specifically, we can provide resources related to needs for technology, food, shelter, abuse, trauma, mental health, learning difficulties, scholarships, college and career coaching, and more! Are you a service provider interested in partnering with us to provide our families with holistic support? Learn more on our Partner page.
Who We Serve
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is committed to equitable access to high-quality instruction for youth. We are dedicated to moving beyond race and economic status to close achievement gaps.
Our program supports students from families that identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and who are experiencing significant economic hardship. Students can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else (i.e. family member, teacher, coach, etc.)
Using proven effective strategies in teaching, our tutors are culturally-responsive and trauma-informed mentors for their students. That is, our tutors provide education advice and student-centered learning opportunities which have increased student engagement and helped their students learn quickly, while also being a reliable source of support and encouragement for their students.
Student Requirements for Acceptance into E.R.E.'s Tutoring Program
100% of our funding comes from generous donors like you!